Volunteers play a critical role in fulfilling the Food Literacy Project’s mission. Volunteering is a fun and rewarding experience, and a wide range of volunteer opportunities are available.
Special Project Volunteer: We need volunteers with special skills that can be put to use to further our mission and enhance our work. Projects will be determined on an individual, as needed basis. These can include:
- Translation Assistant: Help make our materials and media accessible to more people, especially those whose native language is not English. (Low Involvement, no background check required.)
- Creative Media Volunteer: Put your photography and video skills to use helping us document our education programs and special events. (Low Involvement, no background check required.)
- Resource Assistant: Help us create seed packets and organize our resources from the comfort and safety of your home!
- Delivery Driver: Deliver weekly veggies and materials to Field to Fork club participants – no contact for everyone’s safety!
- Spring Intern: Let us work with you to craft an internship experience! This could include farming, resource development, food and materials distribution, and more.
Time commitment is flexible and will be determined by the project.