- 1 small onion, diced or julienne
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of greens, shredded
- 2 sweet potatoes, small cubed
- salt and pepper, to taste
A dish from Kentucky by Erin Hargrove
In a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. When a small piece of onion sizzles in the pan, add the rest of the onion and saute until slightly soft and translucent (about 8 minutes). Add the minced garlic and stir until aromatic. Add the sweet potato cubes and stir. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook until sweet potatoes are tender and some pieces are browned. (The onion should be brown and crispy by now!) Add the shredded greens and toss over heat just until it wilts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy warm!